Friday, September 5, 2008

My True Feelings for McCain

All right. I've tried to mask it. I've tried to downplay it. I've tried to give the benefit of the doubt.

I even came within a sliver of deciding to vote for presidential candidate John Sydney McCain III after he chose Governor Sarah Palin to be his vice presidential running mate. Her story seems very compelling, and she seems to be an average, every day american, who will fight to reform some of the nonsense that goes on in Washington. The more I learned about her, the more I was impressed. I listened to her acceptance speech this week, and I was again pleasantly pleased.

Then it happened - I listened to John McCain again. I listened to him give his speech last night, and all of the "benefit of the doubt," crap just hit the fan. And now it comes out in full force: I do not like John McCain. I don't like what he stands for. I don't like to listen to him speak. I don't like his flip-flops. I don't like him. Period.

I don't want to hear about your POW Vietnam experiences anymore, McCain. I've listened to it over and over and over again. There are thousands of soldiers who were just as brave and selfless as you. That doesn't make them good candidates for president alone. So stop trumpeting your heroism all day long. It sounds self-serving, which seems to be just the opposite of how most real war heroes actually conduct themselves. I don't want to hear it.

I am not going to vote for a guy just because I'm afraid of what the other scary muslim guy (Obama) might do.

Here's a good video for those of you who feel John McCain is a straight-talking "maverick."

And here's one more.



So I'm coming out right now. It is not very likely that I will vote for John Sydney McCain III. Not very likely at all.

P.S. For those of you who need it spelled out for you: this is still not an endorsement of Barack Obama. That would look like, "I am going to vote for Obama." I also nowhere said I would not vote for McCain. I just said it's not likely at this time. But let's be honest: I don't think I will come out and say who I will vote for, or who I voted for - after the saga has concluded. It just makes things much more intriguing for those of you in the dark, wondering - "what is this crazy weirdo really thinking?"

No comments: