Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Obama - McCain, Debate III

I thought it would be fun to run down the things I feel almost certain we will hear during the debate tonight. I feel certain because I have watched the first two debates, as well as the VP debate, and these lines were used over and over again. I just wanted to see if I could predict with much accuracy, after listening to the previous "debates."

1. Obama - "The instability of the economy is a verdict on eight years of failed economic policy espoused by the Bush Administration, a policy which John McCain supports, which is based mainly on "trickle-down economics."

2. McCain - "Obama voted to raise taxes 94 times. Look at the record, my friends."
Obama responds, "That's not true."

3. Obama - "I will give a tax cut to 95 percent of the American people. If you make $250,000 or less, you will see no tax increases."

4. McCain - "I will cut spending, my friends."
Obama - "So will I."

5. McCain - "Obama's health care plan is putting government in charge of the health care system, my friends."
Obama - "That's not true, and he's not your friend."

6. Obama - "We need to be energy independent."
McCain - "I agree, my friends."

7. McCain - "Obama hangs out with terrorists."
Obama - "I don't know what you're talking about, but if you're referring to Bill Ayers, I barely know the guy."

8. McCain - "Why won't Senator Obama say the surge succeeded? We have succeded in Iraq. We are succeeding. I've been to Iraq. I've talked to the soldiers. Their message to the people here is: 'Let us win.'"
Obama - "You said before the invasion of Iraq that we would be greeted as liberators."
McCain - "You voted against funding the troops."
Obama - "That's not true."
Moderator - "Time's up."

By now you are saying, wait a minute, you keep acting like there is actually going to be some discussion and possibly some debate during the "debate."

I know, I didn't really think it was going to happen that way, but who knows, maybe tonight we'll get lucky. All I really needed to say was, just watch either debate I or II and you will hear just about the same as you would in tonight's contest.

One thing's for sure, I'll be looking forward to SNL's rendition of the debate tomorrow night on NBC.

You might be more entertained if you watch this superb YouTube video.

No comments: